NOTE: I wrote this last commentary BEFORE I did any real research and being a writer, I should know better! I made the opinions expressed here based on what I have heard in the mainstream media...being that I studied journalism in college, you would think that I would know better than to make an opinion based on the unintentional bias of the news programs. Once I took my own look into the situation and read things other than what was broadcast, I realized that there is more going on here than anyone of us could have realized with the limited information that we have been given.
Please have a look and judge for yourself. This link will lead you to a site dedicated to Terri and her struggle and it gives the imformation from a different poimt of view. Terri Schindler-Schaivo Foundation
There now that I have told you that I made an uneducated opinion, go on to read what it is.
I just had to make a quick mention here of the plight of Terri Schiavo...
My heart goes out to her husband at this time of loss, but he had already lost Terri,15 years ago. I honestly believe that he was thinking of his wife when he had her feeding tube removed.
I think that Terri's parents and her siblings are very selfish people. If they REALLY had Terri's best interests at heart, and if they were TRUELY religious people, they would have let her go home to the Lord.
Now I am not a particularly religious person, but I do believe in a higher power and I think that by keeping people alive with the use of machines is the same as trying to be that higher power.
So then some people may say that if "God" didn't want us to use life-saving medical technology, why did he give it to us?
The answer is...HE DIDN'T...HUMANS TOOK IT!!!!!
And if you really think about it, "man" has been trying to play "God" since the very beginning. It all goes back to the Garden of Eden...
First of all, "God" didn't want humans to have knowledge. It was "God's" intention that man remain in the Garden and live forever. However, man took it upon himself to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and therefore learned of all that was supposedly good and evil.
Now some people argue here that it was "Eve", and NOT "Adam", that first ate the apple, but I don't buy into that story, as a matter of fact, I question the entire Bible because as far as I am concerned, it was written by men and of course they would blame the woman, certainly wouldn't blame things on themselves!!
So basically what I am saying here is that if you are a truely religious person and you believe that "God" knows what's best, then you would not be put on life support or have blood transfusions or any of the "life-saving" medical procedures that exist today because it was "God's" original plan for humans to remain blissfully ignorant.
TO BAD MAN THOUGHT HE KNEW BETTER!!!!!
IN MEMORY OF TERRI SCHIAVO
She was a celebrity, not by her choice I would imagine, but she sure gave the world a whole lot to think about.
Be a peace
Thursday, March 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment